Friday, July 13, 2012

Mockingjay (#3 The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins



Rating: 9/10
Summary: After Katniss is rescued by District 13, she finally agrees becomes the “Mockingjay” symbol after she is rescued from District 13. However idolized as she is, she has not forgotten about the other victors who helped her along the way and asks the president of District 13 for their immunity in exchange for being the symbol.  Peeta, who is captured and brainwashed by the Capitol, creates yet one more problem for Katniss and the Rebellion. Nonetheless, the rebels work together to regain the districts control.  Upon their arrival at the Capital, their plans go wrong and Katniss must once again choose between some of the hardest choices she has ever been faced with.
My thoughts: The third in the series, definitely took a different spin by staying away from the Hunger Games and focusing on the resulting war caused by the rebellion. This book was my least favourite of the three. I found most of the scenes forgettable.  I did enjoy the evolution of the rebellion and the message in which the symbol of the mockingjay continues to reinforce the population and remains the image of hope.
Please don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed this book, and consider it amongst some of my favourites, I just preferred the first two.
Quote p.236: “Several sets of arms would embrace me. But in the end, the only person I truly want to comfort me is Haymitch, because he loves Peeta, too. I reach out for him and say something like his name and he’s there, holding me and patting my back. “It’s okay. It’ll be okay, sweetheart.” He sits me on a length of broken marble pillar and keeps an arm around me while I sob.”

The Hunger Games series:

No comments:

Post a Comment